Dental bonding is a cosmetic and restorative treatment that involves bonding a tooth-colored resin to damaged or unsightly teeth in order to repair and aesthetically enhance them. The treatment is called dental bonding because the material used bonds naturally to your tooth for a strong and lasting restoration. Dental bonding is quick, effective, and perfect for chipped, fractured, or discolored teeth. It is also extremely cost effective.
Dental bonding in South Salem, New York can typically be completed in just one visit to our dental office. Unlike other dental restorations, anesthesia is generally not needed and little to no preparation to the tooth is required. During a dental bonding treatment, Dr. DeLapa, our talented dentist, will:
- Choose a shade of resin that perfectly matches your natural tooth color, or pick a shade that will lighten your smile while still looking natural
- Gently prepare the front of the tooth to better receive the resin
- Apply the resin, which is soft and malleable putty like material
- Sculpt and mold the resin to a perfect shape
- Harden the resin material with an high intensity bonding light
We will also provide aftercare instructions to keep your dental bonding strong and healthy. For more information on dental bonding, we welcome you to contact our dental office today.